Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Friday, September 15, 2017

Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry

A love story, an adventure, and an epic of the frontier, Larry McMurtry’s Pulitzer Prize— winning classic, Lonesome Dove, the third book in the Lonesome Dove tetralogy, is the grandest novel ever written about the last defiant wilderness of America. Journey to the dusty little Texas town of Lonesome Dove and meet an unforgettable assortment of heroes and outlaws, whores and ladies, Indians and settlers. Richly authentic, beautifully written, always dramatic, Lonesome Dove is a book to make us laugh, weep, dream, and remember. @goodreads 













Update: Finally able to talk about the book.



This book touched my heart, made me laugh so many times, made me mad and made me cry.

There are a lot of books I would never have read if it wasn't for my Goodreads friends, but the two most memorable and that have made it to my favorites list are:


The Conte Of Monte Cristo and Lonesome Dove

I loved so many characters in this book and I feel like I have been on that journey with them. I kept wishing they would have stayed in Texas or at least stopped in Nebraska after so much they went through. And my emotions are still raw as I cry. Because people die and when you love characters you don't want that but that is life for real, life in books and life in movies and tv.

I will write a more detailed review after I have had some time away from what I just read. I'm going to have to watch some shows, read more books and come back to talk about these people I grew to love.

To be continued. . .

Mel ❤️

Like I have said, this book really got to me. I fell in love with so many of the characters. I loved Augustus and he made me laugh through this whole book. I have to say he was my favorite character. I loved Call too but Gus was the one.

I loved Deets and he also has a special place in my heart. I loved how he was with them for 30 something years. He was a great man and a great tracker.

Roscoe is another character who cracked me up. He was so innocent and funny. I loved the relationship between him and the little girl, Janey.

I didn't really care for Jake at all. If they never listened to him none of the bad things would have happened. I felt bad for him for a minute when he ended up with the Suggs boys and what happened to him in that situation.

I felt bad for Lorena and all that happened to her. I loved the relationship between her and Gus.

I loved Newt (who could not love Newt). I really wish he could have gotten better closure at the end of the book.

I loved Pea Eye, the Irishmen, the pigs, the horses, Bolivar, Po, Clara, July, Joe, Wilbarger and I'm sure I have left some out.

I just know that if you have been putting off reading this book, don't, go ahead and get to it. I think 9 times out of 10, you won't regret it!

Mel ♥ 


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2113962025

No comments:

Post a Comment