Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, August 13, 2017

The Path of Flames by Phil Tucker

A war fueled by the dark powers of forbidden sorcery is about to engulf the Ascendant Empire. Agerastian heretics, armed with black fire and fueled by bitter hatred, seek to sever the ancient portals that unite the empire - and in so doing destroy it.

Asho--a squire with a reviled past--sees his liege, the Lady Kyferin, and her meager forces banished to an infamous ruin. Beset by tragedy and betrayal, demons and an approaching army, the fate of the Kyferins hangs by the slenderest of threads. Asho realizes that their sole hope of survival may lie hidden within the depths of his scarred soul--a secret that could reverse their fortunes and reveal the truth behind the war that wracks their empire.

Unpredictable, fast paced, and packed with unforgettable characters, The Path of Flames is the first installment in a gripping new epic fantasy series. @goodreads 












 





OMG! I loved it!



I have already put the paperback on my Amazon wishlist for when the price goes down because I want this bad boy on my shelf!

I was so pleasantly surprised at how much I love this book!

There is magic, demons, people with powers, gates to who knows where, secrets, evilness, etc and so on.

I loved so many of the characters. I loved Asho and Kethe, Tiron and so many more. These characters all have different strengths in the book.

I don't want to give too much away but there were some important peeps killed in battle and then some jerks come to take over the throne from a woman (of course) Well, said woman has some pretty bad arsed people on her side. Her own daughter turns out to be a force to be reckoned with along with a few others with powers.

I loved the whole story line and it just touched my wittle heart and made it soar! I don't know what it is about the book, but it made my day/night. I think it's great when people can find those special kinds of books. Ones they are never expecting to hit the mark that much. It makes me feel all warm and cozy inside. Lol!

I loved how Asho came into his own. I wasn't sure about him at first but then all of the sudden he was all in it. He just went for it and then I found out some revelations about him that were sad and that have me wondering. The same with Kethe, she's the daughter of a Lord but things are not what they seem with her. She has her own cool revelations.

There are some beast creatures and just stuff people, STUFF. You can buy this book or read it on Kindle Unlimited if you are interested in it. I'm sure glad I gave it a chance. To be honest, the cover is what brought me to the book and I'm loving the covers on the next three books.

I can't wait to see what happens next. I'm hoping to read the rest of them before the year is out and see what all happens with these wonderful people. I just know someone I love is going to die. One almost did but they were brought back! Yes, magic people. I didn't really like how it was done but that's neither here nor there.

If you didn't like the book, good for you, I'm only interested in what I love =) 


to be continued . . . 

GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2091212257

6 comments:

  1. Great review as always! If you don't mind could you recommend some good high fantasy books?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hon =) Hmmm, there are so many I don't even know where to being! If you want, you can follow my link to my goodreads and look at my fantasy bookshelf. It has all fantasy on it though =)

      Delete
  2. Great review! This has been cropping up on my Goodreads timeline a few times now and it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you =) It's so super good! And it's on Kindle Unlimited if you have that. All 4 books are on there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh great review Melissa! This is the first time I hear about this book, and the totally agree with you on the cover. It really does looks and sounds absolutely fantastic! Thank you so much for the awesome post Melissa.

    ReplyDelete