Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Friday, August 18, 2017

Life in Outer Space by Melissa Keil

Sam is a geek movie-buff with a ragtag group of loser friends who have been taking abuse from the popular kids for years. But when the super-cool Camilla moves to town, she surprises everyone by choosing to spend time with Sam's group. Suddenly they go from geek to chic, and find that not everything boils down to us and them. With their social lives in flux, Sam and Camilla spend more and more time together. They become the best of friends, and Sam finds that he's happier and more comfortable in his own skin than ever before. But eventually Sam must admit to himself that he's fallen in love. If he confesses his true feelings to Camilla, will everything change again? @goodreads
















I loved this book so freaking much!




I start Monday by falling flat on my arse. A normal guy might think his day could only improve from here. I seriously doubt this is going to be the case. I hear laughter and clapping. Someone cheers.

Above me, a giant sign hangs precariously from the corridor ceiling: a pink and purple, glitter-encrusted symbol of doom, handmade by the Spring Dance Committee.

Justin Zigoni takes a flying leap over me and slaps the sign with his hand. A shower of glitter descends from the ceiling and a piece lodges itself in my eyeball.


I loved it from the first few paragraphs.



Sam, Mike, Adrian and Allison are all best friends. They are the nerds of the school with Sam actually being the smartest book wise.

They have this great life together. Sam writes screenplays or at least he's trying to because that's what he wants to do with his life. He's always a horror movie buff. YES! And one of his favorites is the original Halloween, like me ♥ Plus, he's just a movie buff in general. I love all of the old school movies that are incorporated into the book.

Adrian is a dork. Allison is the quiet female friend and Mike is a black belt in karate.

Then

Camilla transfers to their school. She becomes super popular because her dad is someone and knows people. But she finds her way into the little group and I just love her. She gets them to do things they never would have done and I love it. She doesn't try to bully them like the other kids and everyone likes her.

She even gets them to go to the beach over in Brighton with the mean kids. And some of them turn out to be nice. Although, Sam almost freaks out just going. I love him =)


Adrian skips ahead, Camilla threads an arm through Allison's, and Allison smiles at her gratefully. The two of them follow Adrian.

Mike drapes his towel around his neck. "Dude, are you gonna pass out? Cos I'm not sure unconsciousness will be your best defense.

"Mike-assuming we're not killed on sight-are we actually expected to talk to these people?"


I love how everyone sort of falls all over themselves when Mike decides to take his shirt off and of course, Sam's commentary. Lol

My best friend might live in a uniform of thick hoodies, but he has also spent the majority of the last four years doing push-ups and sit-ups and whatever other stuff they get yelled at to do in karate classes. Maybe I look like a prepubescent girl with my shirt off. But Mike-well, Mike looks exactly like he has spent the last four years at the gym.




Sam and Mike are the closest in the group and there is something up with Mike during the whole book. He quits karate and won't tell anyone what is going on even though they keep bugging him about it. They think it might be over a guy but that's not it at all. I love how Sam rallies everyone together to find out what's wrong and how he helps Mike.

Sam and Camilla get close and they play Warcraft together, they learn about each others family, they learn a lot of things. I think they are so cute!

There is so much laughter in the book and I loved it so much. I need more laughter and I found myself laughing out loud many times. I want to have friends like this damn it!

They all seem to help each other out when the other has a problem. I love that so much. I mean there are things with parents not really being there for some of them. Parents splitting up and depression trying to set in but the friends don't let that happen. It's just wonderful.

Then some stupid stuff happens as it always does and they are not talking. Then there is an apology and Sam finds Camilla sick at her home all alone so he brings her to his house where his mom can take care of her while he's at school. It helps him come out of his depressed mood over some things that happened.


I change out of my feral depression clothes. I shower and brush my teeth, put on clean track pants and an old T-shirt, and then I stare at my face in the bathroom mirror until Mum taps on the door and asks if I've drowned.


Oh, this book was amazeballs. I love when I can find a book that makes ME happy. That's what it'a all about peeps.

Mel ♥ 


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2096614296

4 comments:

  1. Another great review Mel!👍🏼I need a book that makes me lol right now!!! This sounds really good!! Adding this one to my list too!!😊 I'm trying not to spend too much on books, but it's not good well. I can't help it, books are the only fun thing I have (besides movies) in my life!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book is so wonderful, I think you should read it. It made me feel so good! ♥

      Delete
  2. Ahh yes awesome review hun! This is actually the first time I heard about this book, and I really want to check it out after reading your review. I absolutely love friendships and funny books and this book looks and sounds my kind of book. Thank you so much for the great post Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sooooooooooooooooooo good, Katiria! I hope you get to read it =) ♥

      Delete