Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Final Girls by Riley Sager

Ten years ago, college student Quincy Carpenter went on vacation with five friends and came back alone, the only survivor of a horror movie–scale massacre. In an instant, she became a member of a club no one wants to belong to—a group of similar survivors known in the press as the Final Girls. Lisa, who lost nine sorority sisters to a college dropout’s knife; Sam, who went up against the Sack Man during her shift at the Nightlight Inn; and now Quincy, who ran bleeding through the woods to escape Pine Cottage and the man she refers to only as Him. The three girls are all attempting to put their nightmares behind them, and, with that, one another. Despite the media’s attempts, they never meet.

Now, Quincy is doing well—maybe even great, thanks to her Xanax prescription. She has a caring almost-fiancé, Jeff; a popular baking blog; a beautiful apartment; and a therapeutic presence in Coop, the police officer who saved her life all those years ago. Her memory won’t even allow her to recall the events of that night; the past is in the past.

That is, until Lisa, the first Final Girl, is found dead in her bathtub, wrists slit, and Sam, the second, appears on Quincy’s doorstep. Blowing through Quincy’s life like a whirlwind, Sam seems intent on making Quincy relive the past, with increasingly dire consequences, all of which makes Quincy question why Sam is really seeking her out. And when new details about Lisa’s death come to light, Quincy’s life becomes a race against time as she tries to unravel Sam’s truths from her lies, evade the police and hungry reporters, and, most crucially, remember what really happened at Pine Cottage, before what was started ten years ago is finished.

“The Final Girls need you. . . . The Final Girls are tough, everything survivors should be. But the new threat is clever, ominous, even closer than you suspect. You are about to gasp. You might drop the book. You may have to look over your shoulder. But you must keep reading. @goodreads 




















Let us just take a moment to admire the beauty of my UK edition of this book. My favorite colors together: pink & black =)

As you will see in the first picture, it's the standard front cover with brilliant pink and black standing out. Oh, Book Depository I love you and thank you for making my day.




This next photo shows you the inside cover flap which is black and goes perfectly with the rest of the book.



And in the final ( <--- heh ) picture, we have the freaking awesome black colored outer edges. I'm freaking in love! Oh, and don't mind Frankie there, he didn't come with the book. He belongs to my dog, Lucy, and he just wanted to help out. He's awesome that way.




Now lets crack on with the review!

I thought this book was fan freaking tastic! I'm glad I stick to my guns and read what I want because there were mixed reviews on this one. But, I don't give a rats behind! I read what I want! And don't be coming on my review saying how much you didn't like the book. RESPECT people. I don't need nobody trying to rain on my parade! Ya get me?




I didn't read much of the summary of this book. I just read about final girls and something about a killer. To be honest, I was thinking about that movie I love and own, see below ↓


It wasn't nothing like that people. So, there are these three women.

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ********* SOME MILD SPOILERS**************

So, there are these three women. They each go through a horrific ordeal with a crazed killer and they each live to tell the tale, well for the most part. They get labeled the final girls because they were the final ones in a killing spree. It's this whole thing, you can probably look it up or watch that cool movie I mentioned above.

Anyway, we have Quincey, Sam and Lisa.

Quincy is the main character in this book because she just is and Lisa has some stuff and then Sam comes in and she's all in some stuff with Quincy.

Quincy has a nice life. A great home, husband, a cooking blog and she's all good. Well, not so much, she's on pills and can't ever remember what happened all of those years ago. She still talks to the cop that saved her, just sort of a see how you're doing from time to time.

The final girls have never met one another. Quincy and Lisa talked a few times but never in person. Then Lisa is dead. How? What? Not telling you.

Then Sam shows up on Quincy's doorstep. I'm thinking, girl you have never seen this woman in your life and they never had anything but yearbook pictures of her. Don't be letting people into your apartment. I mean seriously?

The girls strike up a weird type of friendship and then all kinds of weird stuff starts going on. Then Quincy starts remembering things! She's the only one that couldn't remember anything from her attack and all of her friends getting killed. But now it's slowly coming out . . .

Then all kinds of cray stuff starts happening and it's the what the hell moments and then all this stuff happens and it ends. I'm like, well, I thought I saw that coming. But, I didn't!

Anyway, who cares. It was soooooooooo good, I loved it. I'm so glad I got it and a million starts goes to the cover.

Enjoy!

Mel ♥


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2060896265

5 comments:

  1. I'm reading this book right now!! I'm so glad to see you gave it 5 stars! I'm really enjoying it as well! Your copy is so pretty. Mine is from the library and it's a bit boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're enjoying it =) I bought the UK version from Book Depository! =) It's the most beautiful ever ♥

      Delete
  2. Totally LOVED this book! And I WANT THAT COPY!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad you loved it! A lot of people didn't like it and I don't know why. I didn't know the UK copy was going to be that beautiful until I got it in the mail. I about fell over =) ♥

      Delete
  3. Ahh yes the book design is absolutely gorgeous, and by the sounds of it the book sounds totally amazing as well. I am so glad you loved and enjoy this book Melissa. Thank you so much for the awesome post and review my friend.

    ReplyDelete