Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Written In My Own Heart's Blood by Diana Gabaldon

1778: France declares war on Great Britain, the British army leaves Philadelphia, and George Washington’s troops leave Valley Forge in pursuit. At this moment, Jamie Fraser returns from a presumed watery grave to discover that his best friend has married Claire, Jamie's wife: his illegitimate son has discovered (to his horror) who his father really is; and his beloved nephew, Ian, wants to marry a Quaker. Meanwhile, Claire and Jenny, Jamie's sister, are busy picking up the pieces.

The Frasers can only be thankful that their daughter Brianna and her family are safe in twentieth-century Scotland. Or not. In fact, Brianna is searching for her own son, who was kidnapped by a man determined to learn her family’s secrets. Her husband, Roger, has ventured into the past in search of the missing boy . . . never suspecting that the object of his quest has not left the present. Now, with Roger out of the way, the kidnapper can focus on his true target: Brianna herself.@goodreads 











I finally finished them all until she puts out the next book, which I need right now.

There were a couple deaths that meant something to me. One it was a normal mourning but the other was so horrible it broke my heart. Don't worry, I'm not going to tell anyone.




It took so long for Claire and Jamie to get back to each other I was going to scream. And then Claire has to explain everything that happened with Lord Grey and it was so sad. I felt sorry for them both.

Jamie ends up in another battle but luckily he doesn't have to fight William for reasons.

There are more babies born =) The kids are growing up and it's been a joy to read about it through out this journey. Although, some of them growing up and having sex were to be skipped over. Just no!

There are some things happening with Bree, Roger and the kids in the real world time. Little Mandy is so much bigger and talking =) But something happens with the kids that ends up taking Roger away and leaving Bree to fend for herself and the kids.

I loved that pretty much the whole group were together. Ian has someone and Rollo likes them =)

And I have to give some space for ole Clarence the mule. He was a mule to be reckoned with! He would bite you if he didn't like you. He bit one man clear to the bone, but that man was not a good man and he had stolen Clarence from the gang. I loved how Germain, Fergus and Claire took up for Clarence and got him back. Clarence was happy too =)


Smile!:

As you know with these books, there are a lot of things going on because the books are so big. There is too much information to give in a review and most of it was just normal stuff.

Then they finally get back to where they belong and something happens that makes me cry with happiness because I do believe it's what I think it is =)




I can't wait for that next book =)

 


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2015958641

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I am currently watching the show and i think it is pretty good.
    Do you watch the TV show?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =) I have the blu-rays of the first two seasons and I love them. I can't wait for the new episodes in Sept I think it is. I'm going to add starz to my Amazon Add on Subscriptions when it closer to time =)

      Delete