Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Thursday, June 1, 2017

The Woman In Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware

In this tightly wound story, Lo Blacklock, a journalist who writes for a travel magazine, has just been given the assignment of a lifetime: a week on a luxury cruise with only a handful of cabins. At first, Lo’s stay is nothing but pleasant: the cabins are plush, the dinner parties are sparkling, and the guests are elegant. But as the week wears on, frigid winds whip the deck, gray skies fall, and Lo witnesses what she can only describe as a nightmare: a woman being thrown overboard. The problem? All passengers remain accounted for—and so, the ship sails on as if nothing has happened, despite Lo’s desperate attempts to convey that something (or someone) has gone terribly, terribly wrong…

With surprising twists and a setting that proves as uncomfortably claustrophobic as it is eerily beautiful, Ruth Ware offers up another intense read. @goodreads 












I just knew I was going to love this book because I love the cover. I know, that almost never happens =) Then I thought this was just going to be a lets all get drunk at all times and then say stupid things and yell at boyfriend and get drunk some more and see a body on a ship, the end, goodbye. Well, it was kinda like that. What is it with everyone having to be drunk all of the time in these books?



When I first started the book last night, I couldn't put it down. I wanted to get to the ship and see what was going on. Then once we were on there, I wanted to keep going but sleep took me away.

The beginning of the story was bleh for me because I just wanted to get to the boat and I didn't see any reason for that beginning. Then when you're on the boat and the beginning is used against the main character, Lo Blacklock, I began to understand.

Lo is a travel journalist and is finally getting to go on a trip because her boss is preggers. Unfortunately for her, she sees a body get thrown off the boat, no one believes her, she has no proof and when she does get proof, it gets removed. She wonders if she's crazy or what.

I just wanted to get to the end to see what in the world was going on and who did what, when and how. I certainly didn't think it was actually what happened. Then throughout the book there were reports of Lo Blacklock's death and they found a body and I was like, "What?"

It's all crazy train, er, crazy boat, but I did enjoy it. Unfortunately, I didn't love it near enough to buy the book with the awesome cover. Or did I
?

GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2016467197


1 comment:

  1. Hello, Melissa. I actually didn't like the reports strewn throughout the book all that much. It didn't build as much tension for me as it was supposed to, but I still enjoyed the book. I was wondering if you ever take review requests from authors as I am one and am looking for reviewers of my upcoming psychological mystery-thriller.

    ReplyDelete