Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Monday, June 12, 2017

the Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton

A tiny girl is abandoned on a ship headed for Australia in 1913. She arrives completely alone with nothing but a small suitcase containing a few clothes and a single book; a beautiful volume of fairy tales. She is taken in by the dockmaster and his wife and raised as their own. On her twenty-first birthday, they tell her the truth, and with her sense of self shattered and very little to go on, "Nell" sets out to trace her real identity. Her quest leads her to Blackhurst Manor on the Cornish coast and the secrets of the doomed Mountrachet family. But it is not until her granddaughter, Cassandra, takes up the search after Nell's death that all the pieces of the puzzle are assembled. A spellbinding tale of mystery and self-discovery, The Forgotten Garden will take hold of your imagination and never let go. @goodreads 











God Bless A Milk Cow!

 :

Once again, most of my friends on GR loved this book to death! I'm going to quit picking books my friends love to death!

I have had this book for a year or more. I got it from the used bookstore for $1.00. I love the cover, I loved the summary and I thought I would love the book. Now, don't get me wrong. I liked the book, it just didn't take me there, wherever it took everyone else. Actually, there are 2 or 3 friends that almost everything they love, I will only like or not like at all so I should have known.

This is a big ole book to get through. I was so intrigued in the beginning to find out what really happened to Nell. Why was she on that boat all by herself and not being able to remember everything.

This book is wrapped in mysteries that includes many people and spans many years.

Cassandra is in the current time and she has lived with her grandmother, Nell since she was little. Cassandra's mom wasn't a good woman.

Nell, had a wonderful life until her father tells her a secret when she turned 21 (I think it was 21) and she got all mad and left everyone and dropped everything. Sigh. She got with some idiot and did a few idiot things and had an idiot daughter. BUT. If she hadn't done these things she would never have had Cassandra as a granddaughter and Cassandra was a good person.

Nell and Cassandra run an antique shop together. After Nell's passing, Cassandra's finds all kinds of secrets and is determined to get to the bottom of things. This brings Cassandra to England and a house that Nell had bought.

Cassandra learns so many things about Nell's past. It's not a simple one to find out but it's a pretty sad story none-the-less. There are a few different characters in the story, two prominent ones being Eliza and Rose. Like I said, it's a sad story.

I do like something Cassandra found while she was getting the home fixed up in England. You just never know. . . .

I'm glad nine million and four people loved this book to death =) ♥


GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1496968763


No comments:

Post a Comment