Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Goodbye Days by Jeff Zentner

What if you could spend one last day with someone you lost?

One day Carver Briggs had it all—three best friends, a supportive family, and a reputation as a talented writer at his high school, Nashville Academy for the Arts.

The next day he lost it all when he sent a simple text to his friend Mars, right before Mars, Eli, and Blake were killed in a car crash.

Now Carver can’t stop blaming himself for the accident, and he’s not the only one. Eli’s twin sister is trying to freeze him out of school with her death-ray stare. And Mars’s father, a powerful judge, is pressuring the district attorney to open a criminal investigation into Carver’s actions.

Luckily, Carver has some unexpected allies: Eli’s girlfriend, the only person to stand by him at school; Dr. Mendez, his new therapist; and Blake’s grandmother, who asks Carver to spend a Goodbye Day with her to share their memories and say a proper goodbye to his friend.

Soon the other families are asking for a Goodbye Day with Carver, but he’s unsure of their motives. Will they all be able to make peace with their losses, or will these Goodbye Days bring Carver one step closer to a complete breakdown or—even worse—prison?
@goodreads 












Where are you guys? Text me back.


It all began with a text. Three friends were killed. But, let me tell you. The people in this book are major •ssholes! They tried to charge Carver for the death of his friends because the driver was in the process of texting him back. Here's the thing. If you're stupid enough to text while driving it's no one's fault but your own. You can wait until you can pull over or stop at a red light. If something is that important then a person would call you with an emergency message! You don't blame the pesron that sent it. I don't care one way or the other. That is stupid!

I was really excited to read this book because I loved the authors other book The Serpent King!


I felt bad for Carver, not only for losing his best friends, but when he started having panic attacks. I have those and they suck!

I love that this book was set in Nashville too. I have been there a few times but I'm from TN either way =)

Side Note:


Carver freaking talks about working part-time at McKay's! That is our used bookstore that pretty much takes anything these days. I go there to get money and trade credit. We have one in Chattanooga, Knoxville and Nashville. The one in Chattanooga is 5 minutes from my house and I have been to the one in Knoxville years ago when we went up to visit relatives. Here let me show you a sticker from one of my horror books I got from there.




I know, I know, what does this have to do with the book review? I love when I find little tidbits of information that make my day so I just add it in =)

End Side Note


I loved Carver's sister, Georgia. She was a force to be reckoned with when it came to her brother. She was a rock for him as well. But she had to leave soon to go back to UT in Knoxville. Luckily she talked Carver into seeing someone for his issues and he made a good friend with one of his friends girlfriend, Jesmyn. They were really good together trying to get over the pain of what happened.

So much of the town was against him though and I still don't get it. They were cruel and even pressed charges against him. I won't tell you that outcome. I will say some people need some sense smacked into them.

Overall, I enjoyed the book. It was a sad book but not one that made me cry. 


GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2030381821


2 comments:

  1. Holy cow. This sounds like a tough but intriguing read. The book cover drew me in immediately, but then reading what the book was about...gave me chills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a little rough. I thought it would be harder to read and I would be in tears like I am in most books but, surprisingly I wasn't. It is a sad book though just because of what happened!

      Delete