Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Age Of Swords by Michael J. Sullivan

The gods have been proven mortal and new heroes will arise as the battle continues in the sequel to Age of Myth.

In Age of Myth, fantasy master Michael J. Sullivan launched readers on an epic journey of magic and adventure, heroism and betrayal, love and loss. Now the thrilling saga continues as the human uprising is threatened by powerful enemies from without—and bitter rivalries within.

Raithe, the God Killer, may have started the rebellion by killing a Fhrey, but long-standing enmities dividing the Rhune make it all but impossible to unite against a common foe. And even if the clans can join forces, how will they defeat an enemy whose magical prowess makes the Fhrey indistinguishable from gods?

The answer lies across the sea in a faraway land populated by a reclusive and dour race who feels nothing but disdain for both Fhrey and mankind. With time running out, Persephone leads the gifted young seer Suri, the Fhrey sorceress Arion, and a small band of misfits in a desperate search for aid—a quest that will take them into the darkest depths of Elan. There, an ancient adversary waits—an enemy as surprising as it is deadly. @goodreads 











FREAKING YES! NETGALLEY, YOU CAME THROUGH FOR ME AGAIN! Although, I already know I'm going to buy the hardback when the price lowers a little like I did the first book =)


 :

Michael J. Sullivan is an amazing author. I love his books and I still have some of his books to finish. I'm really loving this series, but I did cry because I didn't like one thing that happened. =( Although, who knows what might happen next that will make me happy =)

 :

I love pretty much every one in this book. The gang. There are so many of them. And this book starts out with a bang. It wastes no time in getting right down to business, which is an attack. I will keep said attack to myself but it's really sad and bad.

I mentioned how much I love these characters and there is a new little boy named Tesh that I love so much. He's going to be trained by Raithe and I can't wait to read more about him.


We were the same age, but I do not recall seeing him in Tirre. I have been told that he was little more than an animal then, an abandoned boy surviving the aftermath in the shadows and tall grass. No one could have guessed what he would become. I know I did not.

--THE BOOK OF BRIN


Yes, Brin still has writings at the beginning of the chapters.

The group is on the move to stay somewhere else and try and get some things resolved.

The women and a couple of the boys have a big quest on their own. Those women and girls are so strong and I don't mean they are bad to the bone. I mean they can fight as much as they can, they take care of one another, they figure things out. They are just amazing. I love that there are so many in the book.

Anyway, I'm very happy with this second book in the series. It's pretty much amazeballs!

I have always worshipped heroes in stories. I had no idea I was surrounded by them.

--THE BOOK OF BRIN


*Thank you to Netgalley and the Publisher for a digital copy of this book.*


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2020607001

No comments:

Post a Comment