Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Friday, May 26, 2017

Tyrant's Throne by Sebastien De Castell

Would you - could you? - uphold the law at the cost of those you love?

After years of struggle and sacrifice, Falcio val Mond, First Cantor of the Greatcoats, is on the brink of fulfilling his dead King's dream: Aline, the King's daughter, is about to take the throne and restore the rule of law once and for all.

But for the Greatcoats, nothing is ever that simple. In the neighbouring country of Avares, an enigmatic new warlord is uniting the barbarian armies which have long plagued Tristia's borders - and even worse, he is rumoured to have a new ally: Trin, who's twice tried to kill Aline to take the throne for herself. With the armies of Avares at her back, she'll be unstoppable.

Falcio, Kest and Brasti race north to stop her, but in those cold and treacherous climes they discover something altogether different, and far more dangerous: a new player is planning to take the throne of Tristia, and the Greatcoats, for all their skill, may not be able to stop him.

As the nobles of Tristia and even the Greatcoats themselves fight over who should rule, the Warlord of Avares threatens to invade. It is going to fall to Falcio to render the one verdict he cannot bring himself to decide: does he crown the girl he vowed to put on the throne, or uphold the laws he swore to serve? @goodreads 













OMG!! This book made me cry in sad ways and in happy ways!



This is the best book of the series to me even though it's the last book and I loved them all. I can't believe it's over. It just can't be over. Not with that ending. I want more =)

I will always love the boys: Kest, Brasti & Falcio. Their banter is the best ever in the books. And I was thinking I might not like this series. Here is some advice, don't think, just read, because you never know.



"My name is Kest Murrowson, a magistrate of the Greatcoats." He paused for effect, before adding unnecessarily, "And I am the Queen's Shield."

"To answer your question, friend, my name is Brasti Goodbow, and I am the Queen's Jest."

"My name your Lordship, is Falcio val Mond." I am the First Cantor of the Greatcoats, also called the King's Heart."


The boys are sent off on a mission to go and find some more people to help secure Aline as Queen among other things. They go off into this bitter land and find some things they weren't prepared for.

They return home with this bad news and set up to fight more people. Yeah, they don't get a break.

There are more revelations. There is the evil Trin. There are a lot of things going on in this book. People die =(

I think the conclusion of this series was excellent. I love it so very much, but I'm sad. Yes, I know they can be read over and over, but still, I want more stories.

I can't wait to add this edition to my shelves along with the first three, when it comes to paperback.


*I would like to thank Netgalley and the Publisher for a copy of this book.* 

GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2008165704

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I really need to try this books. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much =) I hope you like them when you get to them!

      Delete
  2. OMG!!! Your reviews of all these books have been so great!! It's obvious that you reallly enjoyed this series!! I have all these books I need to read and review or I'd jump right in and start reading them now!! I have the first three on my kindle app. But I have a feeling I'm going to want to own the physical copies for my bookshelf. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you enjoy them when you get time to read them. They are sooo good. You might not like them but that's okay too =)

      Delete