Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa

In the real world, when you vanish into thin air for a week, people tend to notice.

After his unexpected journey into the lands of the fey, Ethan Chase just wants to get back to normal. Well, as "normal" as you can be when you see faeries every day of your life. Suddenly the former loner with the bad reputation has someone to try for-his girlfriend, Kenzie. Never mind that he's forbidden to see her again.

But when your name is Ethan Chase and your sister is one of the most powerful faeries in the Nevernever, "normal" simply isn't to be. For Ethan's nephew, Keirran, is missing, and may be on the verge of doing something unthinkable in the name of saving his own love. Something that will fracture the human and faery worlds forever, and give rise to the dangerous fey known as the Forgotten. As Ethan's and Keirran's fates entwine and Keirran slips further into darkness, Ethan's next choice may decide the fate of them all. @goodreads 














I mean, that ending..... are you serious right now?



Well, lets move away from that for a minute and let me crack on with it.

First: This cover is freaking amazing! I'm totally freaking in love with it. That is Keirran on the front and he's making it look even better - BUT - I want to kick him from one end of Nevernever to the other end!

Let me add an excerpt that you might not want to read because of **spoilers** from the other books.



My name is Ethan Chase.
Just shy of a week ago, I was dragged into Faeryland.
Again.
The first time it happened, I was four. Yeah, four years old, kidnapped by faeries and taken into the Nevernever, home of the fey. Long story short, my older sister rescued me and brought me home, but became a faery queen herself and now rules a part of the Nevernever called the Iron Realm.

Thirteen years later, despite all the precautions I took against the Fair Folk, it happened again. I found myself smack-dab in the middle of Nevernever, and this time I wasn't alone. A classmate of mine, a girl named Mackenzie St. James, managed to get pulled in, as well. A lot of weird, screwed-up stuff happened in the next few days, like following a talking cat through Nevernever, meeting my sister in the Iron Realm, sneaking out of the Iron Realm to meet up with the Queen of the Exiles and, oh yeah, discovering that my sister has a son. That's right, I have a nephew. A nephew who is part fey, completely unknown to my parents, and who, by the way of screwy faery time, is the same age as me.


So, Keirran is in love with Annwyl who is exiled from the Summer Court and she's fading away. Long story, read the book. Keirran is running all around trying to find a cure.

Then Ethan gets involved because he wants to help Annwyl and of course Kenzie comes along which isn't a good idea because she has an illness. I love Kenzie though, she has a lot of spunk.

Anyway, they do this that the other and what not and we end up with me wanting to kill the Summer Queen, Titania. I have always hated her. We have some guest appearances from Meghan, Ash, Grim and Puck. We have some evil things called the Forgotton, as there are always evil things in these books popping up left and right. And we have some deaths!

There you have it people! The book rocks even though there is a massive amount of stupidity and I hope it all gets better in the last book! 


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1991815644


2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! I always like stories with trips to Faery land. the scarier or more mysterious the better. :) Glad this one was good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It has been a great journey and I have one left to go =)

      Delete