Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Dreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor

Two worlds are poised on the brink of a vicious war. By way of a staggering deception, Karou has taken control of the chimaera's rebellion and is intent on steering its course away from dead-end vengeance. The future rests on her.

When the brutal angel emperor brings his army to the human world, Karou and Akiva are finally reunited - not in love, but in a tentative alliance against their common enemy. It is a twisted version of their long-ago dream, and they begin to hope that it might forge a way forward for their people. And, perhaps, for themselves.

But with even bigger threats on the horizon, are Karou and Akiva strong enough to stand among the gods and monsters?

The New York Times bestselling Daughter of Smoke & Bone trilogy comes to a stunning conclusion as - from the streets of Rome to the caves of the Kirin and beyond - humans, chimaera, and seraphim strive, love, and die in an epic theater that transcends good and evil, right and wrong, friend and enemy.@goodreads 












I'm so happy with this ending



Karou and Akiva must find a way to bring the beasts and angels together to fight against the evil angels. It's hard work but they manage to get it done with a few rough starts and stops. They have some help with a secret Karou is carrying.

What a brilliant author Laini Taylor is to come up with the worlds that she does.

There is also another character that has a very interesting (to put it mildly) part in the book. Her name is Eliza. I enjoyed her character quite a bit.

Karou's best friends, Zuzana and Mik are in the middle of it all. Just two small humans in an unhuman world. I love them so much and they were great through the whole thing. They also brought many comedic moments.

Liraz is there and hating stuff as much as always but she is there for her brother Akiva. BUT, she does show a sweet side when no one is looking and she gets a crush that will turn to love. I was so happy and it was lovely how sweet they were together. NO, I'm not saying who it is.

Ziri is there, another one of Karou's best friends but he was a monster like her. I don't like calling them monsters because they were the good monsters but that's how we keep them separate. Ziri rising above and beyond the call of duty to help both the seraphim and chimaera! I loved him so much. He put himself in a very precarious situation and he rocked it. And, oh the outcome, he was perfect and he finally got what he wanted in life. Not what he thought in the beginning, but even more. ♥

I loved the books in this trilogy. I loved all of the creatures and I WISH there was a graphic novel or some kind of artwork book of all the creatures. They were just so awesome sounding. Actually, I would like to see this trilogy as a movie too, as long as they didn't mess it up. It's a very serious book and not something you could cartoon up.

Anyway, I'm happy and that is all that matters =) 


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2001122923

2 comments:

  1. I adored this trilogy - Laini Taylor's writing is so beautiful and this ending... it blew my mind. I'm glad to hear you liked it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love her so much. She writes so beautifully. Have you read Strange the Dreamer? I loved it but I didn't understand a lot of it. Lol, I loved it anyway. I'm going to try to re-read it before the end of the year or at least before the next one comes out. That's the one thing I hate, waiting for them to come out =)

      Delete