Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Night Of The Wendigo by William Meikle

Four hundred years ago a Scottish cargo ship fell prey to a Wendigo at an early settlement on the Hudson River. Now a team of archaeologists have uncovered the boat, and let loose the evil.

Soon Manhattan is hit by an ice storm like no other. Besides the wind and ice, there is something else moving in the storm. Blue, cold things, with razor sharp teeth. @goodreads 


MY REVIEW:

4 STARS 


Uh, yeah . . . this was cool and not what I thought but I loved it!

This is not your typical Wendigo story. I thought we would be off in the woods somewhere with said Wendigo hunting people and what not, but nope. There is more to it than that and there is more than one . . .




The story is still about the Native American myth, but with a little twist to it. And it happens in the city and it happens in the snow.



Some peeps found an old sunken boat when they was tearing down the boat dock to build another one. Then the archeologists came in to see what all had been found. They probably should have left well enough alone. Well, okay one person went stupid and did something that caused all kinds of crazy creepy and scary things. Isn't there always some idiot? Even smart people do stupid things!

A lot of people died! I won't say how because you need to tuck in and read it and get a good scare on. =)

My favorite characters were, Mike, Mina, Jackie, Jon and Old Tom. And there was this nameless man that I liked that didn't make it. Sucked. And some other people I liked that didn't make it.

I have to add that I love Winter (even though we don't really get one any more!) but this kind of Winter I would rather not be anywhere in the vicinity when it happens.

Anyway, I loved it, it was creepy good and I plan on reading more from this author. I love me some scary stories =) 


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1847629210

2 comments:

  1. Seems like my book! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
    Will add to goodreads :)

    ReplyDelete