Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

King's Blood by Jill Williamson

Jill Williamson's Fantasy Saga Continues!
In the second volume of Jill Williamson's Kinsman Chronicles, a remnant has escaped the destruction of the Five Realms and now lives on several hundred ships adrift at sea. As a flock, they sail north into the unknown in hopes of finding land that might become their new home.
As the king's illness worsens, SAr Wilek takes authority over the expedition and struggles to rule the disjointed people, while assassination attempts, vicious serpents, and dark magic endanger his life.
One prophecy has come to pass, but another looms dauntingly in the future. Who is this Deliverer? And if the Magonians have him, what might that mean for the realm of Armania? @goodreads 


MY REVIEW:

4 STARS 

 
I had a really hard time reading this book. The font was very tiny and I have read tiny font before but this was either more tiny than most or tiny and not very bold in color. So I got through it the best I could, mostly with a flashlight to brighten things up!

I enjoyed the first book in The Kinsman Chronicles and this sequel is good too. I'm not sure if I love one better than the other but that doesn't matter. In this book they were all traveling on the sea to find somewhere else to live since there was chaos and destruction in the first book. And of course they had many different troubles.

The two characters I love the most are Trevn and Mielle. I just loved them and they had a lot to go through what with magic, monsters, trying to find a new home. And Mielle's sister Amala was horrible! She seemed to be evil incarnate to me.

Anyway, I liked Wilek who was king for a bit and then had to fight giants and what not. There was also some weird magic going on in the book too.

Overall I enjoyed this book even though some people I liked were killed but that is the way it goes in these books =(

I received a print copy of this book through BethanyHouse. 


GOODREADS REVIEW:



No comments:

Post a Comment