Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Saturday, February 25, 2017

His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik

Aerial combat brings a thrilling new dimension to the Napoleonic Wars as valiant warriors ride mighty fighting dragons, bred for size or speed. When HMS Reliant captures a French frigate and seizes the precious cargo, an unhatched dragon egg, fate sweeps Captain Will Laurence from his seafaring life into an uncertain future – and an unexpected kinship with a most extraordinary creature. Thrust into the rarified world of the Aerial Corps as master of the dragon Temeraire, he will face a crash course in the daring tactics of airborne battle. For as France’s own dragon-borne forces rally to breach British soil in Bonaparte’s boldest gambit, Laurence and Temeraire must soar into their own baptism of fire. @goodreads 

MY REVIEW:

5 STARS 


 :

****I reckon' I'm going to be spoilery!****

Once again I'm going to say, "Why did it take me so long to read this?" I love finding these little gems that I have had around FOREVER!

I fell right in love with Temeraire! And I love Laurence and his love for Temeraire, he really knew how to take care of his dragon! I want one too dang it.

Laurence was a captain on a Naval ship when they found a French ship with an egg on it. Well, of course they took the egg and when it hatched, the little black dragon picked Laurence. Well, life as he knew it was over as he was going to have to leave the Navy and train with the Aerial Corps. They ride dragons and have a crew on the dragon with you and fight the enemy. Oh what joy!

I loved all of the dragons in the book and there were several of the men and women I loved too. I mean this is just an awesome book full of wonderful people and dragons.

Well, there was this one ole bastard named Rankin and he treated his little dragon Levitas horribly! I hated him and I felt so sorry for Levitas. Laurence started doing nice things for the little dragon and it was so sweet.

Oh, oh and the dragons talk! For the love of all that's holy, I want a talking dragon! I wish my dog could talk too but then they both would probably drive me crazy, but I digress!

Anyway, most of the book is about training Laurence and Temeraire with the other dragons and captains but it was so much fun. There are a few battles they get into a little later but setting up this world was so freaking awesome. I have never had so much fun. I mean talking dragons, how could you not love it. The camaraderie between the humans, dragons and other humans were amaze balls.

This book has went on my favorites list and I sooooooo look forward to the rest of the books!


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1305050800

No comments:

Post a Comment