Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Monday, August 22, 2016

Stolen by Lucy Christopher

It happened like this. I was stolen from an airport. Taken from everything I knew, everything I was used to. Taken to sand and heat, dirt and danger. And he expected me to love him.

This is my story.

A letter from nowhere.


Sixteen year old Gemma is kidnapped from Bangkok airport and taken to the Australian Outback. This wild and desolate landscape becomes almost a character in the book, so vividly is it described. Ty, her captor, is no stereotype. He is young, fit and completely gorgeous. This new life in the wilderness has been years in the planning. He loves only her, wants only her. Under the hot glare of the Australian sun, cut off from the world outside, can the force of his love make Gemma love him back?

The story takes the form of a letter, written by Gemma to Ty, reflecting on those strange and disturbing months in the outback. Months when the lines between love and obsession, and love and dependency, blur until they don't exist - almost. @goodreads


MY REVIEW:


4 STARS 

You saw me before I saw you. In the airport, that day in August, you had that look in your eyes, as though you wanted something from me, as though you'd wanted it for a long time. No one had ever looked at me like that before, with that kind of intensity. It unsettled me, surprised me, I guess. Those blue, blue eyes, icy blue, looking back at me as if I could warm them up. They're pretty powerful, you know, those eyes, pretty beautiful too.

 :

So as you can read from the blurb, this book is written like a letter from Gemma to her captor. It mostly just tells the whole story.

This book brought out quite a few feels from me. Here is this hot guy that steals Gemma away from the airport and her family. NOT GOOD!

Here is a hot guy that takes her to Australia.
Here is a hot guy that DOESN'T rape her.
Here is a hot guy with a lot of issues from LIFE.
Here is a hot guy that has been watching Gemma for many years.
Here is the same hot guy that saved Gemma from being raped, but she didn't know it until he took her. 

 

"How long have you been planning it?"
You shrugged. "Awhile, two or three years. But I'd been watching you for longer than that."
"How long?"
"About six years."
"Since I was ten? You've been watching me since then?"
You nodded. "On and off."
"I don't believe you," I said. But something inside me was telling me to think about it. There was something there, at the back of my mind that, if I thought about it a little more, might make sense of all this.


Over time, Ty tells Gemma about when they first met and how and it was really sad and sweet. I don't want to tell you about that. Ty also tells Gemma when he decided he wanted her in his life forever. Of course taking her against her will and making her live with him isn't the right way to go!

Ty was crazy, so many of us are and he had some weird ways, but those ways were just who he was, how he expressed himself. Now I'm just talking about Ty the person, not the guy that stole a girl to live and love forever. He was expressive in beautiful ways, he could see the good in nature and little things, he was always kind to Gemma even when she was trying to run away or when she would attack him. He just wanted to live alone on his land with her and try to have a life together. He was making things up really well considering. I mean living off the grid and all.

He just needed to get his head on right and maybe over the years tried to have talked to her and not steal her away. Oh well, then we would have a different book.

Ty asked Gemma if she would just stay there for 6 months and see how she felt after that. Gemma said she would for four months. He would then let her go if she didn't love where they lived and didn't want to stay there. But then something stupid happens and he has to get her to a hospital. And that was it. That is the one thing that irritated me about the book. I wanted to see what all would happen in the four months. But Ty risked being taken to jail in order to save Gemma's life and at the end there, Gemma started to like Ty when she started to just listen to him and they talked.

No matter what would have happened, there would always be that thought. . . well I have fallen in love with you now, but you stole me you arse! How would you even work with that? I guess the one good thing is that she got stolen by a nice guy and not someone who raped and tortured her to death!

And in the end, it doesn't really matter what I think or what you think. We just love books and we don't all love or understand the same books! And I could care less as long as we are all happy with something! 


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1735817469

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

https://www.amazon.com/Stolen-Lucy-Christopher/dp/054517094X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1471887118&sr=1-1&keywords=stolen+in+books

No comments:

Post a Comment