Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King

In the frigid pre-dawn hours, in a distressed Midwestern city, hundreds of desperate unemployed folks are lined up for a spot at a job fair. Without warning, a lone driver plows through the crowd in a stolen Mercedes, running over the innocent, backing up, and charging again. Eight people are killed; fifteen are wounded. The killer escapes.

In another part of town, months later, a retired cop named Bill Hodges is still haunted by the unsolved crime. When he gets a crazed letter from someone who self-identifies as the "perk" and threatens an even more diabolical attack, Hodges wakes up from his depressed and vacant retirement, hell-bent on preventing another tragedy.

Brady Hartfield lives with his alcoholic mother in the house where he was born. He loved the feel of death under the wheels of the Mercedes, and he wants that rush again.

Only Bill Hodges, with a couple of highly unlikely allies, can apprehend the killer before he strikes again. And they have no time to lose, because Brady’s next mission, if it succeeds, will kill or maim thousands.

Mr. Mercedes is a war between good and evil, from the master of suspense whose insight into the mind of this obsessed, insane killer is chilling and unforgettable. @goodreads


MY REVIEW:

 
4 STARS 

 :

*. . . and I thought the chances were at least 50-50 that I would get caught. I didn't care. And I SURE didn't know how it would haunt me afterward. I still relive the thuds that resulted from hitting them, and I still hear screams. Then when I saw the news and found out I had even killed a baby, it really came home to me what a terrible thing I had done. I don't know how I live with myself.*

 :

That was actually just a load of bull he was feeding someone. I mean he got off on what he had done. Literally. And once again we have another reference to "Pennywise" in the book as he was wearing a clown mask that looked like "Pennywise" !!!!

 :

This "Mr. Mercedes" is beyond crazy! He is an evil genius and he works two jobs while being crazy and said genius. And God! What is with the creepy ice cream trucks! I will never get anything from an ice cream truck again! I read so many books with some crazy stuff with ice cream trucks. I do love it though. Just sayin' ☺

 :

Bill Hodges is a retired cop and gets a letter from Mr. Mercedes. This begins the story of a cop trying to outwit a psycho. They communicate through a chat room and Hodges starts to slowly unravel who this maniac is with the help of some awesome people.

My favorite character in the book is Jerome. I loved Janey and Holly later on too. But Jerome cuts Hodges lawn and he's a super smart kid. I mean super smart. He will be able to get into any university he wants and he could already get any job in electronics he wants but he has his own ideals.

Mr. Mercedes steals Mrs. Trelawney's Mercedes and proceeds to run over a large group of people in line for jobs. Mrs. Trelawney feels guilty over this as she thinks it's her fault, that maybe she left her keys in the car and that's how he got the car. But there are so many different things that happened and the poor woman suffered for it.

Hodges meets Mrs. Trelawney's sister Janey and they get a little something going on. She has hired him to help find out more information in the case.

Hodges doesn't tell his old cop partner until the very end when all things go a little more around the bend. I keep wondering about that because he put some people in danger including young Jerome. Well, Jerome was 17/18 but still and some people did get killed.

Some of the story line about Mr. Mercedes was just horrible. He was horrible since a child, brought up horrible. Lets just say his mother probably didn't help on his becoming a wacko!

There was a point that I was getting really upset about what Mr. Mercedes was planning and then it was like karma took over. I had to say it was lovely in a morbid way. I had this feeling that was going to happen, it involved hamburger meat, but that is all I'm saying.

I liked the book and I look forward to seeing what is going to happen in the next two books. Or maybe I won't 0_0

  
 
GOODREADS REVIEW:
 

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

No comments:

Post a Comment