Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Friday, June 3, 2016

Suicide Forest by Jeremy Bates

SUICIDE FOREST IS REAL - ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

Just outside of Tokyo lies Aokigahara, a vast forest and one of the most beautiful wilderness areas in Japan...and also the most infamous spot to commit suicide in the world. Legend has it that the spirits of those many suicides are still roaming, haunting deep in the ancient woods.

When bad weather prevents a group of friends from climbing neighboring Mt. Fuji, they decide to spend the night camping in Aokigahara. But they get more than they bargained for when one of them is found hanged in the morning--and they realize there might be some truth to the legends after all.@goodreads


MY REVIEW:

 4 STARS 


 :

--->EXCERPT<---

SUICIDE forest is real. the Japanese call it Aokigahara Jukai, which means "Sea of Trees." Each year local authorities remove from it more than one hundred bodies, most found hanging from tree branches and in various states of decay. Abandoned tents, moldy sleeping bags, dirty daypacks, and miles of ribbon litter the forest floor. It is said the area is haunted by the ghosts of the suicides, and local often report hearing unexplained screams during the night. Signs warn visitors not to leave the hiking trails. These are routinely ignored by thrill seekers hoping to catch a glimpse of the macabre. Most find their way out again. Some never do.


 :

But we have a bunch of idiots that decided since they couldn't climb Mt. Fuji that day, they would go into the suicide forest to hike and stay the night. REALLY?

I have watched b movies and recent movies and documentaries on the forest. I also love hiking but in no way shape or form would I never go into these woods! Anyway, the said idiots are: Ethan, Mel, Ben, Nina, John Scott, Neil and Tomo. They had another friend named Honda with them but he would not go with them. He is the only none idiot of the group!

I did enjoy the character of Tomo. He just talked crazy stuff, just any old thing all of the time. He was quite amusing even when he wasn't trying to be.


--->EXCERPT<---

I wondered about the peculiar silence of the forest and said, "Hey, Tomo. Where are all of the animals?"
He glanced over his shoulder. "What you mean?"
"There're no animals. No birds or anything."
"It fucking haunted forest, man. Birds scared shitless. They go other forest."


I love him. :-D

So Ethan does the narration throughout the whole book and at times I was bored with his thoughts. There were just things from his past and what not, nothing really bad, I just wanted it to be all about the forest. And there were times that I wanted to smack everyone in the group for their stupidity! They acted like they were 5 years-old!

But... at one point the story takes on a whole other twist that I didn't see coming. I enjoyed all of these parts, especially a part where Nina gets some revenge. I wish I could tell you what she did but I will save that for you to find out for yourself!

 :

After all of the craziness is said and done, a few of them make it out alive and some of them don't. I liked the book as I love anything pertaining to the Suicide Forest, not because I'm morbid or want to see any corpses, I just like to learn more about it even if it's in a story or movie.

The author has more places he has written about that I have bought and can't wait to read those too!




And leave the creeping around to the paranormal investigators. LoL

GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1654682202

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

http://www.amazon.com/Suicide-Forest-Jeremy-Bates/dp/0993764622/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1464962332&sr=1-1&keywords=suicide+forest+in+books

MY AMAZON REVIEW:

 https://www.amazon.com/review/R2C94Y7F3LESPI/ref=pe_1098610_137716200_cm_rv_eml_rv0_rv

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I really want to read this one. Also, how have you been girl? <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just now saw this one! God! I have talked to you since this! I hope you get to read it soon. I'm hoping to get to this other scary places books soon. I bought them all on kindle ♥

    ReplyDelete