Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Heir To The Sky by Amanda Sun

As heir to a kingdom of floating continents, Kali has spent her life bound by limits—by her duties as a member of the royal family, by a forced betrothal to the son of a nobleman, and by the edge of the only world she’s ever known—a small island hovering above a monster-ridden earth, long since uninhabited by humans. She is the Eternal Flame of Hope for what’s left of mankind, the wick and the wax burning in service for her people, and for their revered Phoenix, whose magic keeps them aloft.

When Kali falls off the edge of her kingdom and miraculously survives, she is shocked to discover there are still humans on the earth. Determined to get home, Kali entrusts a rugged monster-hunter named Griffin to guide her across a world overrun by chimera, storm dragons, basilisks, and other terrifying beasts. But the more time she spends on earth, the more dark truths she begins to uncover about her home in the sky, and the more resolute she is to start burning for herself. @goodreads


MY REVIEW:

3 STARS 


I was hoping this book was going to be better than it was but it was okay.

 :

I was so interested in this book because I love Hayao Miyazaki and his movies, one being Castle In The Sky (although my all time favorite is Spirited Away) and I thought maybe this was going to be a cool adventure what with all of these continents being in the sky.


 :

I found the actual continent part very boring. The main character Kali learns of a rebellion and tries to tell her father who is like the King of Ashra, but she gets um... lets just say she falls to the Earth below to keep out the spoiler.

The Earth isn't supposed to have any humans on it, only monsters. But. There are a lot of things that they were told that are not true. Some really bad things. Kali finds the monsters all right, there are some really weird ones on Earth. I can't even begin to go into some of them, but there are dragons too.


 :

Luckily Kali meets Griffin who is a monster hunter. I mean that's about all you can be down on Earth since there are tons of monsters always trying to eat you! Kali finds out some things that she refuses to believe about her world above. In the end she has to own up to it and tries to help.

I loved the character of Griffin and I thought Kali was a good character after she got out of lala land, or rather fell out of la la land. I liked the side characters of Aliyah and Sayra, they were very kind to Kali and were pretty much monster hunters too. There were other humans here and there in different hide outs as well.

Griffin takes Kali to the mountain to see if one of the sky ships will see her to take her back home. They do and all kinds of stuff hits the fan and people and monsters and what not die.

I think I went into the book with high expectations and got myself let down. I still think it's okay because I love the idea and some of the characters, but there seemed to be something missing.

I really hope many more readers can love this more than me


GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1621588116

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

https://www.amazon.com/Heir-Sky-Amanda-Sun/dp/0373211910/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467299847&sr=8-1&keywords=heir+to+the+sky

No comments:

Post a Comment