Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Thursday, May 26, 2016

A Clash Of Kings by George R.R. Martin


In this eagerly awaited sequel to A Game of Thrones, George R.R. Martin has created a work of unsurpassed vision, power, and imagination. A Clash of Kings transports us to a world of revelry and revenge, wizardry and warfare unlike any you have ever experienced.

A comet the colour of blood and flame cuts across the sky. And from the ancient citadel of Dragonstone to the forbidding shores of Winterfell, chaos reigns. Six factions struggle for control of a divided land and the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms, preparing to stake their claims through tempest, turmoil, and war. It is a tale in which brother plots against brother and the dead rise to walk at night. Here a princess masquerades as an orphan boy; a knight of the mind prepares a poison for a treacherous sorceress; and wild men descend from the Mountains of the Moon to ravage the countryside. Against a backdrop of incest and fratricide, alchemy and murder, victory may go to the men and women possessed of the coldest steel...and the coldest hearts. For when kings clash, the whole land trembles.

Audacious, inventive, brilliantly imagined, A Clash of Kings is a novel of dazzling beauty and boundless enchantment—a tale of pure excitement you will never forget.


MY REVIEW:

 4 STARS 


I freaking finished it! I have to admit I have watched, well own the boxsets, of all the shows up to the current one. I can't watch is because I don't have HBO! But I digress. There really isn't much more that I can say that hasn't already been said etc and so on. I will just add a few excerpts and some pictures and some thoughts. That stuff.

I love Jon Snow It seems like he didn't have much in the book. A few of the characters I love didn't have a lot of stuff going on in this book. But they will be back.


--->EXCERPT<---

The Dothraki named the comet shierak qiya, the Bleeding Star. The old men muttered that it omened ill, but Daenerys Targaryen had seen it first on the night she burned Khal Drogo, the night her dragons had awakened. It is the herald of my coming, she told herself as she gazed up into the night sky with wonder in her heart. The gods have sent it to show me the way.




I love Daenerys.

--->EXCERPT<---

Arya looked down at her ragged clothes and bare feet, all cracked and callused. She saw the dirt under her nails, the scabs on her elbows, the scratches on her hands. Septa Mordane wouldn't even know me. I bet Sansa might, but she'd pretend not to. "My mother's a lady, and my sister, but I never was."
"Yes, you were. You were a lord's daughter and you lived in a castle, didn't you? And you. . . gods be good, I never. . ." All of the sudden Gendry seemed uncertain, almost afraid. "All that about cocks, I never should have said that. And I been pissing in front of you and everything, I. . .I beg your pardon, m'Lady."




 :

I love Arya :-)

There really is no point in loving anyone in these books or shows because they all die!

I found a lot of the book boring and drawn out. I guess when it's not about the people you really like it's sort of... yawn.

I loved how most of the book was about Tyrion. Or it seemed that way to me. I Love Tyrion.




Because Tyrion is too cool.



and he does this ↓



And Brienne finally arrives on the scene. I love her too :-)



and Bran



to all of you I have loved before and still love, you will all die and I will miss you and I will hate that episode and so forth and so on!



and stop killing my damn wolves! 

GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1437934953

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

http://www.amazon.com/Clash-Kings-Song-Fire-Book/dp/0553579908?ie=UTF8&keywords=a%20clash%20of%20kings&qid=1464299274&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

No comments:

Post a Comment