Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Harmony Black by Craig Schaefer

Harmony Black is much more than your average FBI special agent. In addition to being a practicing witch, she’s also an operative for Vigilant Lock, an off-the-books program created to battle occult threats—by any means necessary. Despite her dedication to fighting the monsters threatening society, Harmony has become deeply conflicted about her job. Her last investigation resulted in a pile of dead bodies, and she suspects the wrong people are being punished for it.
While on a much-needed vacation, Harmony gets pulled back into action. This time, though, she’s gone from solo work to being part of a team. Their target: the Bogeyman, a vicious and elusive figure…and the creature that destroyed Harmony’s childhood.
Surrounded by quirky, fascinating characters as dedicated to one another as they are to their new partner, Harmony must learn to trust her team—and a new romantic interest—on a dangerous and deadly mission that conjures up memories she’d much rather forget.@goodreads

MY REVIEW:

5 STARS

This is my kindle first book of January and I picked a winner! Yay! Woot!

 :

So Harmony Black is a witch in the FBI, in a sort of X-files division. They hunt down evilness in the world, in this case they are trying to find the bogeyman who is taking babies from their cribs. Harmony really wants to find this entity because not only is it taking children, she has a past with it when she was a little girl!

Harmony has a partner named Jessie and she's a bad-arse too! They are both so cool. I think they make a good team using their powers and their guns :-)


--->EXCERPT<---

"No, you won't. Because your body drops one second after hers does. Something you should know: I took top score in my marksmanship classes at Quantico. If you're thinking I'll miss? Don't. The best, smartest thing you can do for yourself is surrender."

Harmony, Jessie and the gang have to fight all sorts of demons in this book. This book is all about taking care of demons from hell and fighting the bogeyman.

 :

Although I'm not into demons, I liked the character of Nyx, she was bad to the bone... wait.. she really was! LoL

There are a couple of funny parts here and there:
--->EXCERPT<---

"An old lady just tied me up and threw me in the back of my own truck like I weighed less than a sack of groceries," he said, his voice slurring. "Then you hit my truck, beat her up, and almost shot a squirrel. And the squirrel waved at you. I think I'd like to go home now, please."

Jessie pulled on her seat belt and muttered, "Welcome to my life."


I love all of the characters in the book. I like the "maybe" love interest that Harmony might have later on in the other book. This isn't really a lovey dovey book, it's all about taking out evil! You really have to watch your back in this book because you never know what is creeping up behind you!




They have a really cool hacker named Kevin that works with them and just when Harmony thinks she's going to leave Talbot Cove for a little break, Kevin finds out some stuff that's going to lead to another case... this one involving someone close........

GOODREADS REVIEW:
 
 
AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment