Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Monday, December 21, 2015

Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

A New York Times bestseller

Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life—steady boyfriend, close family—who has never been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair-bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life—big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel—and now he’s pretty sure he cannot live the way he is.

Will is acerbic, moody, bossy—but Lou refuses to treat him with kid gloves, and soon his happiness means more to her than she expected. When she learns that Will has shocking plans of his own, she sets out to show him that life is still worth living.

A love story for this generation, Me Before You brings to life two people who couldn’t have less in common—a heartbreakingly romantic novel that asks, What do you do when making the person you love happy also means breaking your own heart?@goodreads



MY REVIEW:

5 STARS

First before I freak clean out with all of my spoilers and gifs and such, let me calmly say that I loved the part where Will and Nathan were watching one of my favorite movies of all time. Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away.

NOW LET ME GO ON TO THE FREAKING REVIEW AFTER I HAVE DRIED MY TEARS AND YES THERE WILL BE SPOILERS SO DON'T LOOK IF YOU DON'T WANT!

 :

I have laughed, I have cried, I have loved this book! Why did it take me so long to get to it!!?

 :

Lou is such a beautiful person, I just loved her and I want her as my best friend, her and Sugar from another book. Anyway, Lou loses her job at the cafe (The Buttered Bun) that she worked at for 6 years.. was it 6 years? anyway, a long time. See her boss was going back to his country to take care of family and closing the shop. She goes looking for some other jobs because she helps her family with bills. She's 27 and lives with her mom, dad, sister, sister's child, and grandpa and times are tough. There are some times in the book that I wanted to smack her whole family by the way they treated her, but overall they really loved each other and they were all a hoot in their own way.

Speaking of hoot, Lou is freaking hilarious just being herself. I am going to post a few excerpts, but let me backtrack...

Lou finally has one last offer from the agency on a job to take care of a guy during the day. Lou is leery of this as she doesn't want to be wiping no butts and such. Fortunately for her( or not depending on what you think of the ending) it's not a butt wiping position. She is supposed to sit with Will, try to make him happy, give him his meds, feed him, that sort of thing. He has Nathan a medical care dude to take care of all that stuff.


Oh, well I guess I should have said Will is a quadriplegic. Man, this book is so good and has me so all over the place with this review! I know I'm going to leave something out.

Now, Will is all snarky and pissed off when we first meet him but he soon warms up to Lou. He finds her funny as well.. Oh, let me add a couple of excerpts.


 :

♣♣♣♣♣

I swallowed, staring at it, and slowly lifted my eyes to his. Those few seconds were the longest I could remember.
"Can that thing get a puncture?" I said, finally, nodding at his wheelchair. "Because I have no idea where I would the put the jack."


"He's talking a bit more too. We've had weeks where he would hardly say a thing, but he's definitely up for a bit of a chat the last few days."
I thought of Will telling me if I didn't stop bloody whistling he'd be forced to run me over. "I think your definition of chatty and mine are a bit different."


♣♣♣♣♣

There is a funny part in the book where Lou starts getting Will to go out on little trips. They end up at some wine place and while he is sipping and spitting wine and talking it up with the owner Lou is wandering around. Will says something about Lou joining them and she says she can't, that her mom taught her it was rude to spit. Well, you hear the crickets while they stared at her. I liked to have cracked a rib laughing. I can't do the excerpt because I forgot to write the page number down. :) Anyway, there are a lot of funny little moments, nothing mind blowing but it just flows with the book and it's not so dismal.

Okay so there is a reason that Lou is really there and when she finds out she quits but gets called back in... she decides she's going to try to cheer Will up and get him out. So, like I said they started going on outings and some are disasters, but some are magical.

 :

I totally get Will's point of view. Because (view spoiler)

Just ahhhhhhh... I want to say, but I can't. Lou gets online and talks to some other quads and their caregivers to get ideas.

Oh, I forgot to mention Lou has a boyfriend named Patrick she has been with for 6 years, I'm not sure why because he's not her type. Glad that ran it's course. So.. moving on, Lou books a trip for her, Patrick and Nathan to go do some extreme stuff and hang out at the beach. They almost weren't able to go because Will ended up in the hospital with pneumonia. I think Nathan said in the book it happens about once a month or something puts him in the hospital once a month or so. But they end up getting to go anyway. They have such a good time and some really sweet things are said.... then.. it just wasn't enough.. I was just devastated. I understand, but I was just devastated at the end. I knew what Will was going to do for Lou too, I mean anyone who reads the book will know that.

I just have to say, I really loved this book and am grateful for GR and GR friends because I have branched out more in reading different books and might have missed this gem, even though it broke my wittle heart :-(



 :
GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1347158621

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

http://www.amazon.com/Me-Before-You-Jojo-Moyes/dp/0143124544/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450747034&sr=8-1&keywords=me+before+you

2 comments:

  1. Omg I LOVE spirited away!!!! It's one of my fave animated movies. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg! I can't believe it! Your my spirit friend! It's my favorite movie of all time! I have the blu ray and still watch it all of the time ♥

      Delete