Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Friday, November 13, 2015

Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott

Time is slipping away....

Tella Holloway is losing it. Her brother is sick, and when a dozen doctors can't determine what's wrong, her parents decide to move to Montana for the fresh air. She's lost her friends, her parents are driving her crazy, her brother is dying—and she's helpless to change anything.

Until she receives mysterious instructions on how to become a Contender in the Brimstone Bleed. It's an epic race across jungle, desert, ocean, and mountain that could win her the prize she desperately desires: the Cure for her brother's illness. But all the Contenders are after the Cure for people they love, and there's no guarantee that Tella (or any of them) will survive the race.

The jungle is terrifying, the clock is ticking, and Tella knows she can't trust the allies she makes. And one big question emerges: Why have so many fallen sick in the first place?
@goodreads

 MY REVIEW:


3 STARS

So I was loving the beginning of the book because Tella was so funny with her snark. Then... she gets the little ear piece thingy that says she can join the Brimstone Bleed if she gets to so and so by so and so time.

There are things about the book I liked and others were just:

 :

I loved when Tella got there, got her egg and got on with where they had to start the game. And I fell in love with her Pandora, which comes from the egg they get in the beginning, he was a little fox, but he has some things he can do :)

I loved Guy, he ended up being Tella's love interest and his pandora was a lion.

The thing is a few of them team up to help each other get to the finish line. They start out in the jungle and a few people and pandora's die attempting to get to their destination in two weeks.

There is a guy that is a jerk and a half, his name is Titus. He is evil to the core and I wanted someone to take him out.. maybe they do...

Anyhoo, over all I liked the book but I didn't love it like I thought I would from the start. Makes me sad because... well because it just does!




I'm glad there are many out there that loved it though, there is nothing like loving a book :) I don't like the meh ones or the ones I really don't like at all..... Fin

GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1420965059

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Flood-Victoria-Scott/dp/0545730481/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1447456903&sr=1-1

3 comments:

  1. I think I own this one.?? I'm not sure haha it looks pretty good, but I think after reading your review I won't rush to read it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, unfortunately I'm trading it in at the used book store one day. It was okay, but just now wonderful enough for me :(

      Delete
  2. I have heard of this series and have the first one on my TBR but have yet to dive into it. It's a shame that some parts were sort of draggy and uninteresting for you...

    ReplyDelete