Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Carry On by Rainbow Roswell

Simon Snow is the worst chosen one who’s ever been chosen.

That’s what his roommate, Baz, says. And Baz might be evil and a vampire and a complete git, but he’s probably right.

Half the time, Simon can’t even make his wand work, and the other half, he sets something on fire. His mentor’s avoiding him, his girlfriend broke up with him, and there’s a magic-eating monster running around wearing Simon’s face. Baz would be having a field day with all this, if he were here—it’s their last year at the Watford School of Magicks, and Simon’s infuriating nemesis didn’t even bother to show up.

Carry On is a ghost story, a love story, a mystery and a melodrama. It has just as much kissing and talking as you’d expect from a Rainbow Rowell story—but far, far more monsters. @goodreads



MY REVIEW:

2.5 STARS


2.5 STARS

 :

I'm one of the few that didn't really like that book :( It was resembling Harry Potter too much and even if that's what it was supposed to do, I just couldn't get into it.

I did love Penelope, Ebb and Lucy. I thought Penelope was really cool.


I loved Ebb our there just tending to her sheep...flock..herd... SHEEP!

I felt sad for Lucy and her baby, can't say more about that because I know who her baby was/is and why she did what she did.

I'm glad there are many people out there that loved the book because I hate when I don't really like a book.. because I want to LOVE ALL BOOKS! :(


 :

GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1393356990

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V35U13W?keywords=carry%20on%20by%20rainbow%20rowell&qid=1446753102&ref_=sr_1_1&s=books&sr=1-1

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't particularly care for this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hon.. I was so sad because most people love it. Sigh.. I don't like when I don't like a book. It makes me sad. But we can't love them all unfortunately. But.. on the plus side, I do love most of what I read so yay :)

      Delete
  2. Ah, maybe fanfiction isn't really your thing? I already know Fanfiction isn't for me because I can't help making the constant comparisons with the original, and it steals a lot of the fun from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know what fan fiction is, I just know this one turned me off for the most part :(

      Delete