Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Saturday, October 31, 2015

The Cemetery Girl by David Bell

Four years after Tom and Abby's 12-year-old daughter vanishes, she is found alive but strangely calm. When the teen refuses to testify against the man connected to her disappearance, Tom decides to investigate the traumatizing case on his own. Nothing can prepare him for what he is about to discover. @goodreads

MY REVIEW:

2 STARS


 :

I just didn't get into this book at all and that makes me sad. I always try to pick books I think I will like or love and I hate giving anything under three stars, but that's life.

Tom and Abby's little girl of twelve years old goes missing one day when she is taking her dog Frosty for a walk at the park. First off, who in the hell lets their kids go off on their own!




After four years Abby wants to put up a headstone and have a memorial for Caitlin. I understand parents wanting to have a final resting place, but after four years I don't see how you can do that. We come to find out that good ole Abby is spending too much time with Pastor Chris. They seem to have more going on than what it seems and I don't like her character at all! From the very beginning when she had Tom take Caitlin's dog Frosty to the pound because SHE wants to start over. He doesn't want to take the dog but the dumbass does, he did go back and try to get Frosty but they had already adopted the dog out.

Then she decides she wants to get a divorce and start over and start teaching again.. and good ole Pastor Chris is going to let her stay in some temporary housing. Right..... Well Tom is just devastated. He doesn't want the memorial to Caitlin either, but nothing he wants happens. He tells Abby he could have kept the dog that he loved. Her answer to that was I wanted it done for you so you could move on! BITCH! He says he looks at Frosty and remembers Caitlin, not wants to forget her!

Anyhoo... a while later they find someone that gives information on a man that they think is the kidnapper. Well, it was and some stuff happens.. blah blah..

Then they find Caitlin roaming around the cemetery! The police go over her and try to get answers but she's sixteen and not the same person, of course. She's foul mouthed and acts all hateful toward her parents. And.. she's still in love with her capture and wants to be with him... I feel so bad for these kids or anyone like that :(


 :

The only thing I like about the book is the end when Caitlin and her father are walking at the park and they find Frosty :) An older couple adopted Frosty but could see who he loved. It brought the sullen teenager back to that sweet little girl, if only for a little bit.



GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1420963796

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0451234677?keywords=cemetery%20girl&qid=1446304309&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1



3 comments:

  1. Oh, I read this last year and I wasn't impressed either. Bell has great writing style, it was a page turner, I admit but the plot is very weak and didn't make sense, if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I thought I would love this book so much, but then it just didn't do anything. I don't even know why, I just didn't like it.. It's a shame, I don't like not liking books but we can't always pick the right ones :(

      Delete
  2. So sorry that you weren't able to like this one and that the book was all wrong for you :/ I hope the next read is a lot better!

    ReplyDelete