Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Bits & Pieces by Jonathan Maberry

Return to the zombie apocalypse wasteland that is the Rot & Ruin in this short story collection from Jonathan Maberry.

Benny Imura’s zombie-infested adventures are well-chronicled in the gripping novels Rot & Ruin, Dust & Decay, Flesh & Bone, and Fire & Ash. But what else was happening while he was on his quest? Who were the others navigating the ravaged landscape full of zombies?

Bits & Pieces fills in the gaps about what we know about First Night, surviving the plague, and traveling the land of Rot & Ruin. Eleven all-new short stories from Nix’s journal and eleven previously published stories, including “Dead & Gone” and “Tooth & Nail,” are now together and in print for the first time, along with the first-ever script for the Rot & Ruin comic books. @goodreads



MY REVIEW:
5 STARS


 :

I totally loved this book, as I do all of the Rot & Ruin novels. This one is filled with bits & pieces of stories, some are about the people we know, some are about the first day, some tell about things happening years before rot & ruin. There were also some pages from Nix journal. I think this was brilliant!

 :

I loved all of the stories but I had some that I loved better than others. I liked how we get to hear the thoughts of the zombie bride while she was a zombie but had not totally lost herself.

My favorite story though, is about Rags and Bones. Rags is was a little girl all alone in the world and she saved a dog who became her friend. We learn that she had to do some terrible things in her past and the dog actually belongs to Captain Joe Ledger :)

At one point Joe and Tom Imura meet each other and Tom decides to go with Joe to take out some bad peeps along with Joe's dog Baskerville. They finally catch up with Rags and Bones who happen to be in a bad situation. Joe and Tom find this little girl is so strong, she has a backbone she shouldn't have to for one so young. After the altercation they helped Rags out of, Joe asks her to go back with Tom to the town and be safe. Rags decides she wants to go on the road and Joe decides to go with her. They stay together for some years until Joe goes off to do some other things. It jumps ahead with Rags as an adult traveling with Ghoulie, one of Bones relatives. They find some wacked out adventures of their own. I loved the people they ran into, but I can't give out any more spoilers.

I enjoyed reading about Riot, Jolt and Gummi Bear as well. It tells how they came to be and it's just so good!


Going through all of these stories and learning some little tid bits of things that happened here and their from the other books was awesome. I think all fans of the series would love this book, I don't see why not. I also wouldn't recommend starting with this book, I believe this series needs to be read from first to last.


 :

GOODREADS REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1400344167

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

http://www.amazon.com/Bits-Pieces-Ruin-Jonathan-Maberry/dp/1481444190/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1445719298&sr=1-1&keywords=bits+%26+pieces+by+jonathan+maberry

2 comments:

  1. I actually have this book although I have yet to read the rest of the series. I am going to be working on doing so ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE this series Olivia! I hope you love them as much as I do. The characters are so good and just everything.. well.. not everything.. there is a lot of sadness :(

      Delete