Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Saturday, August 1, 2015

These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner

Luxury spaceliner Icarus suddenly plummets from hyperspace into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive -- alone. Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a cynical war hero. Both journey across the eerie deserted terrain for help. Everything changes when they uncover the truth.

The Starbound Trilogy: Three worlds. Three love stories. One enemy. @goodreads


MY REVIEW:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1310840983

I really don't know where to start with this review. So many people on so many sites loved this book so much and I just didn't :( I wanted to love it! I thought it sounded so good, but I just couldn't get that into it. It was ok to me, I didn't hate it.

I didn't like Lilac in the beginning because she seemed shallow and was annoying. But, luckily she got better throughout the book and was a great person at the end.

Tarver was just great from the first page. He was a nice guy and a great soldier.

The idea of them crashing onto another world was very exciting, but it just fell flat for me. I loved the whispering voices and I loved what they found out at the end. But... it didn't go into it more. It was more about them bumbling along and falling in love. I'm all for love and such but something just seemed left out for me. Sigh!

I love survivalist books and memoirs about things like that, but I just can't put my finger on it. Maybe it was just my mood. I was just expecting something else, that's all there is to it.

I did not like Lilac's father at all and I'm sure everyone feels the same on that matter. The things he did to Lilac in the past and the things he did on this world is just sick.

I'm not sure I will try the next book or not. I know that sometimes you will like another book in a series or trilogy then others, so maybe.

I loved the cover of the book and I love the cover of the second book! They are very beautiful!

So.. that's about it. Almost everyone loved it and I just sorta liked it. Sucks :( A 2.5 for me.  


2.5 Stars 



No comments:

Post a Comment