Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Friday, June 26, 2015

I Am Spock by Leonard Nimoy

First time in trade paperback: the memoir by the late Leonard Nimoy, best remembered for his portrayal as everyone's favorite Vulcan, Spock, in Star Trek, the TV series and films.

Leonard Nimoy's portrayal of the ever-logical Vulcan, Mr. Spock, is one of the most recognizable, loved, and pervasive characterizations in popular culture. He had been closer to the phenomenon of Star Trek than anyone, having played the pivotal role of Spock in the original series, in six motion pictures, and in a special two-part episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. I AM SPOCK gives us Nimoy's unique perspective on the beginnings of the Star Trek phenomenon, on his relationship with his costars, and particularly on the reaction of the pointed-eared alien that Nimoy knew best.

Here, Nimoy shared the true story behind his perceived reticence to re-create the role and wrote frankly about how his portrayal defined an icon. @amazon

MY REVIEW:

 5 STARS 

May 3, 2016: I am going to update a little on this review since I just read Leonard: My Fifty-Year Friendship with a Remarkable Man and I feel I need to come back to this book a little.
 :

This book was re-issued not long after Leonard's passing. Or at least I think it was because suddenly it was available to buy again and I grabbed up my copy. This book is so wonderful, it tells so many things I never knew about Leonard. I know that I loved him so much and I cried my eyes out for a few days after his passing. You do that when you grow up with someone you love and admire. Spock wasn't just a tv/movie character to me, he always brought some kind of wisdom and I loved that.

 :



I remember me and dad sitting up and watching Star Trek and how much fun we had. I remember getting Spock and Kirk action figures as a child and still have them packed away somewhere in the chaos of my life.

Life is never the same when we lose family members (including our animals) or people that we admired on tv. Spock will always be one of my heroes. *SOB*


 :

 :

ORIGINAL REVIEW BELOW

It made me very sad to read this book because of the passing of one of my heroes growing up, but it was a great and wonderful book. Reading about the man who made Spock was very wonderful and just so sad :(

I love reading memoirs about my favorite actors and actresses. Finding out all of these little tidbits that you never knew about them.


The ongoing dialog between Spock and Leonard throughout the book is classic. He would have these conversations between him and Spock. They were quite comical and I enjoyed them immensely.

Leonard Nimoy was a man of many talents. He not only starred in a lot of films and plays, he was a great director.

I think anyone that loves the Star Trek franchise, especially Spock, will love this book. I highly recommend!


Lived Long and Prospered!!!!!

RIP ~ Leonard Nimoy 

GOODREADS REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1213278466

AMAZON LINK TO THE BOOK:

http://www.amazon.com/I-Am-Spock-Leonard-Nimoy/dp/0316388378?ie=UTF8&keywords=i%20am%20spock&qid=1462280140&ref_=sr_1_1&s=books&sr=1-1

1 comment:

  1. Being a vampire has certain limitations, but it can also be a ton of fun. Your extra strengths and abilities can make you successful in almost every endeavor you participate in and before you know it the money and acquaintances will come streaming in. You can build wealth and gain prestige and notoriety and attempt things you may never have even considered as a human. One thing you will definitely have more of is time. Beef up your education and learn all you every wanted to. Travel the world to see things most people only ever see on TV This is going to be especially fun if you turned to share your life with one of us. Let us show you the wonders of the world. Learn new languages, go skydiving or scuba dive with sharks, visit the African safari. You no longer need to be scared of nature or wildlife – you will have become the worlds strongest predator. Have fun with it and your life as a vampire can be more fulfilling than you ever dreamed. Explore, experiment, experience and get excited. There’s a big world out there with lots to see and do and as a vampire, you can do it all. If your dream is to become a powerful person in life contact: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete