Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Sunday, May 31, 2015

The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson

I long for the days before the Last Desolation. Before the Heralds abandoned us and the Knights Radiant turned against us. When there was still magic in Roshar and honor in the hearts of men.

In the end, not war but victory proved the greater test. Did our foes see that the harder they fought, the fiercer our resistance? Fire and hammer forge a sword; time and neglect rust it away. So we won the world, yet lost it.

Now there are four whom we watch: the surgeon, forced to forsake healing and fight in the most brutal war of our time; the assassin, who weeps as he kills; the liar; who wears her scholar's mantle over a thief's heart; and the prince, whose eyes open to the ancient past as his thirst for battle wanes.

One of them may redeem us. One of them will destroy us. @ goodreads


MY REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1246838722

MAGNIFICENT! Where do I begin reviewing this book!

I loved it for starters. I can't imagine how someone can have such a brilliant mind to think of an epic book like this, much less going to have 10 in the series. Sanderson is an amazing story teller!

I loved how everything in the book came together. Everyone's stories eventually collided into one end game and I loved it! OMG, that ending! I can't believe some of the things that were revealed!

I loved Dalinar and his story. I wasn't much into Shallan's story until it got closer to the end. But... Bridge Four... Kaladin... love, love, love. I have a huge crush on Kaladin. Don't judge me!! :)

All of the characters were great, but Kaladin is my favorite. He is a great man to do all of the things he does for others and he's bad to the bone on top of that. I fell in love with Rock because he immediately reminded me of Andre the Giant! If they made a movie out of this book and he was still around, perfect fit, perfect!!

The majority of the crew on Bridge Four were all awesome and I love how Kaladin brought them all together, the camaraderie was great.

This is by far the best high fantasy I have read and I look forward to reading the rest in the series, if I live long enough to read them :)

I recommend to all fantasy lovers. Be sure you know this is over 1000 pages so be prepared to tuck into a long epic creation.

Fin!
  5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment