Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Saturday, April 4, 2015

When delicious baked goods become lethal, it's time to find a killer. Kindness is a virtue Meanness is a sin Better watch your bakery pies For poison I've slipped in

The Amish Artisan Village in Middlebury, Indiana, has been decorated with every color of balloon and flower for the Race for a Cure. As manager of the Village, Amber Bowman is thrilled to see the turnout--and relieved to have something to distract her from the "Poison Poet"--an individual who has been sending notes containing bad poetry to warn of poisoned baked goods.

Then Ryan Duvall crosses the finish line of the race--and falls down dead, murdered in broad daylight. But who did it? And why? The police suspect Preston Johnston, but Amber refuses to believe her employee could do such a thing.

Amber once again looks to her young Amish friend Hannah Troyer to help her find the killer--and to determine if it's the same person leaving the cryptic poems and pies. Can they help the police before the Poison Poet strikes again? Both Amber and Hannah will need to draw on their faith as they fight to preserve the peaceful community they've built at the Amish Artisan Village. @goodreads


MY REVIEW: 


https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1211515005

Read from March 31 to April 04, 2015

**I won this book in a GOODREADS, FIRSTREADS GIVEAWAY. I would like to thank the author for an ARC copy of this book**

This is the first time I have read anything from this author. I'm happy to say I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it :) I have read other Amish books, but they were more traditional than this book. It was a little confusing at first.

I have not read the first two books so I'm coming into this one trying to learn the characters. It's a stand alone book, but I like to go back and see what's what :) It seems Amber and Hannah have solved some murders and mysteries in the town before. Now Amber, is getting these cryptic messages in her email and not to tell anyone. Hannah keeps finding pies with skull signs and and poems about poisoning at the bakery. Hmmmm, it seems someone is up to no good!

There is an English man/boy named Ryan going around stirring up trouble dating all of the single women in the village no matter what their ages. Hannah is trying to warn some of the women but they will hear no wrong with this man. Figures!

Then there is sweet Preston who suffers from PTSD from the war. He is in love with Zoey and she with him, but he's reluctant to go any further because he has episodes of flashbacks and he passes out or destroys things. I feel bad for him. Zoey has him sign up for a working dog for those with PTSD, he doesn't want to go through with it but when he finally meets Mocha, the lab, he falls in love and understands that she does help him. A happy ending with all of them.

There are quite a few people in the book that I had a hard time keeping up. I'm trying to hit on some of the main points.

They all have a friend named Sarah who has cancer so they decide to hold a benefit run for cancer. This is where the murder of someone happens and they all figure out who it is, pretty cut and dry.

I liked the book, but like I said I was confused on so many people and keeping up with them, so I stuck to the ones that were the major players :) This would be a good book for all mystery lovers. 4 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment