Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The Returned by Seth Patrick

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED?
Camille: A young girl wakes cold and alone on the side of a mountain, with no memory of how she got there - and no idea that she died four years' ago. When she arrives back home, her family are both thrilled and terrified. How can such a miracle be real?
Simon: A troubled young man comes back to find his fiancée is betrothed to another man. Jealous and angry, he cannot forgive that she has moved on with her life.
Victor: An enigmatic boy refusing to speak, possessed with a strange intensity that gives no clues as to his intentions. He's lost. Equally as lost as the emotionally vulnerable Julie to whom Victor gives a reason for living.
Serge: Tormented and driven by a hunger so overpowering that not even death could keep him from his desires . . .
The Returned hit the UK in July 2013 on Channel 4. It attracted nearly eight million viewers over the eight episodes and quickly became a cult phenomenon with high-profile fans such as Stephen King. It's been shown world-wide, and won an International Emmy for Best Drama. With fantastic audience support, and amazing reviews in the press, Pan Macmillan is thrilled to be publishing novelizations of the first two series written by the author of The Reviver, Seth Patrick. @ goodreads

MY REVIEW:

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1243656093
Read from April 13 to 22, 2015

*I would like to thank Netgalley and Sourcebooks for the opportunity to read this book.*

At first the book pulled me right in, it was creepy with dead people coming back just as they were when they died. Not mangled, I mean age, etc. I think it was like 30 years since they were dead.

I don't know what happened but it started getting a little confusing closer to the end and I'm not even sure what was going on with the evil priest. Maybe I missed something, I don't know.

The ending was sort of a dud or maybe I missed the significance in it as well.

I really love the idea of the book and the creepiness it had to it, I just wish I could have figured out what really happened at the end. I read it a couple of times but I don't know.

It's still good enough to read and I'm sure someone could explain a few things to me if they read it :)

3 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment