Welcome All Book Lovers

Welcome All Book Lovers

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Chimera by Vaun Murphrey

If you witnessed your parents killed at age five for reasons unknown only to endure eight years of isolation in captivity, what would you do with your life when you were suddenly rescued by family you never knew you had? What if you yourself were even more than you seemed? The universe can be both a terrible and wonderful place to live if you have the courage to explore it. Enter an alternate reality of civil war, secrets, murders and betrayals that transcends space and time with CHIMERA, Book One of the Weaver Series. @ goodreads

MY REVIEW: 

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1265439502

Read from April 27 to 28, 2015

*I would like to thank Netgalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this book.*

I put off attempting to read this book because I wasn't sure I would like it. I was WRONG! I just loved it. I don't know what I was expecting, but it was certainly a lot better than I was thinking. It just goes to show, you should try all things if think you might or might not like it.

I love all of the characters in the book. Well, I don't like the evil ones. I am looking forward to finding out more about this one that is supposed to be the Soul Eater. Cassandra's parents were killed when she was little and she was abducted and imprisoned for 8 years before her uncle yanked her out of the prison. They believe it was the Soul Eater that held her captive. I still can't figure out if he's human or an alien or what.

I'm trying to review this without any spoilers. Let's see, Cassandra comes to live with her uncle that saved her and her aunt. Their names are Gerome and Maggie. I really like Maggie, she's sweet and doesn't take any crap from anyone.

They plan on training Cassandra in physical training and in Weaver training. They are Weaver's meaning they can use their minds to bond to each other and other things. They call it the Web. I thought that was funny, lets surf the world wide web in your head!

So they have all of that planned out but things happen and she is going to have to go with a friend of the family to keep hidden. There is some evil alien that has found her and wanting to come after her. Poor Cassandra can't win for losing.

The counsel didn't want her there anyway. They think she is dangerous. They think the Soul Eater actual bonded to her and is impersonating her. Not! But she does have a little secret that I can't tell you.

James and Kara are awesome friends to Cassandra, they are close to her age and get along great. There is a story behind that but you will have to read the book.

Malcolm is really cool! He trains all of the kids from martial arts to weight training, etc.

Like I said, I really did love this book. I hope the rest of them are as good as this one. I would recommend to all of those that love science fiction/fantasy.  4 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment